2. Get your lists ready for a visit to see the big man in the red suit! You can meet Santa (at breakfast, lunch or dinner) at the Oxwich Bay Hotel or enjoy a festive evening with Santa and the Christmas Fairy! Prices vary. Visit website for details.
3. Head to Plantasia for their Santa Safari! On returning to the North Pole last Christmas Santa crash landed in the jungle. Can you help repair Santa’s sleigh and escape the jungle perils? Work as a team and be rewarded with a gift for helping to save Christmas for children all around the World! Selected dates only – please book early to avoid disappointment!
It’s Christmas time for Plantasia’s residents too – don’t miss the meerkats, caiman crocodiles, reticulated pythons, scorpions, tarantulas and piranhas!
4. Take a candlelit walk to the waterfall then enjoy festive storytelling with Mr and Mrs Claus at Aberdulais Falls for their Victorian Christmas on 13th Dec, 5.30pm – 8pm. Normal admission charges apply.
5. Pop into Swansea City Centre (Portland Street) to meet Santa in his Grotto from 16th Nov (check website for dates and times). Prices start from £5. And while you’re there, don’t forget this year’s Panto at Swansea’s Grand Theatre …it’s Peter Pan!…(oh yes it is!!!) Enjoy a show packed full of evil pirates, Lost Boys, a very hungry crocodile and the meanest man in Neverland, Captain Hook! Buy your tickets now!
6. Head to Mumbles Pier for the ultimate Christmas Grotto Experience! Enjoy a journey through the elves workshop where little ones can write their letter to Santa, before sitting down to enjoy a special story from Mrs Claus in the North Pole and meeting Santa in his Grotto. You can visit every Sat and Sun between 16th Nov – 24th Dec 2019, 12pm – 6pm. Price: £9.95 per child.
7. Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without a visit to a Christmas market! Mulled wine and mince pies, chocolates and crafts, cheese and wine…and you could pick up some special presents too! Choose from handcrafted glass and ceramics, chic home gifts and personalised treats. Swansea’s Christmas Market will be in Oxford Street between 15th Nov and 22nd Dec. And don’t forget you can pick up some unique Christmas presents at one of the local farmers markets, in the Marina, Uplands, Mumbles, Pontardawe and Port Talbot. For further details, click here.
8. Take a break from all things festive and head to Gower for a coastal walk along the Gower Coast Path! It’s 38 miles long – but you don’t have to do it all before Christmas! Great views and lots of fresh air guaranteed!
10. Christmas is all about the carols! And the Brangwyn Hall is THE place to be! Enjoy Pontarddulais Male Voice Choir’s Annual Concert on 30th Nov, G4’s Christmas Tour on 5th Dec, Swansea Philharmonic’s 60th Anniversary Concert on 8th Dec, Only Men Aloud on 11th Dec, BBC Now’s Christmas Celebrations on 16th Dec or A Candlelit Christmas on 23rd Dec – you’ll be singing those festive tunes all the way home!