As a responsible destination, Swansea Bay wants to support the safety of both residents and visitors to the area.
* Update to Wales’ Coronavirus Regulations*
From 19 December, Swansea is in Tier 4 Covid-19 restrictions, along with the rest of Wales, in an effort to curb the rise in Coronavirus cases across the country. As a result;
- Maintain two metre social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places, including public transport and taxis.
- Stay at home.
- No extended households (single adults or single parents may join with one other household to form an exclusive support bubble).
- Meet only the people you live with or your support bubble indoors.
- Meet only your household or support bubble in private gardens or outdoors
- No non-essential travel or international travel
- Non-essential retail, including close contact services, leisure venues, gyms, and hospitality and holiday accommodation are closed.
- Glynn Vivian, Plantasia, Grand Theatre, Swansea Museum, West Glamorgan Archive Service, local gyms, sport / leisure facilities and swimming pools are now closed and will be reviewed in January following direction from the Welsh Government.
- Non-essential hospitality must close, apart from takeaway or delivery services
- Libraries in Swansea are closed and the Click & Collect services will cease on the 21st December. This service will be reviewed after the Christmas break in line with Government guidance. Please visit swansea.gov.uk/libraries to keep up to date with any changes
- Non-essential retail are to be click and collect only
- Venues for events and conferences, Theatres and concert halls, Indoor and outdoor visitor attractions, Entertainment venue, Sport courts, golf courses, and Outdoor visitor attractions must also close
These level 4 rules will remain in place until coronavirus levels fall.
Please refer to the official links below to find out the most up to date guidance and information available relating to COVID-19. We will update this page regularly with the latest Wales travel advice as appropriate.
This will help prevent the further spread of the Coronavirus, #ProtectOurNHS and save lives this winter.