It’s February Half-Term already and time for a break after a long winter. Your mini-adventurers will be raring to go and do some serious discovering after being cooped up all winter!
Here’s our top 5 ideas on how to have a half-term adventure in Swansea Bay!
- Take the Smugglers’ Route: Take your pirate horde on a mini tour of clandestine coves and hideaways. Port Eynon’s ruined Salthouse was a renowned Smugglers HQ and quirky Culver Hole hid contraband in secret tunnels.
- Pirate Week: From Saturday 23rd February all trainee pirates will be heading for the Gower Heritage Centre to top up their swashbuckling skills and might even get the chance to meet Captain Jack!
- Make a Splash: Every pirate is going to end up in the water at some point – so make sure yours is prepared! Head to the LC and Wales National Pool for swim practice and water-fun.
- Museum Mash-up: Go treasure hunting along Swansea Bay; first stop Swansea Museum for golden Egyptian artefacts and on to the National Waterfront Museum to delve into Wales’ maritime past.
- All Aboard the Copper Jack: Swap the high seas for navigating the River Tawe in a narrow boat and learn how Swansea earned the title of Copperopolis!
Looking for somewhere to hang your hammock? Look no further!